Monday, August 3, 2009

Cheapy TP

Bad buying habits are hard to break, but ever since I came to the realization that money doesn't grow on trees, I've tried to be thrifty. It's hard. It used to be that I would run out to Target on a whim and go crazy buying needed and mostly un-needed items. Now I don't dare tackle any store without a list. I have my old roommate, Heather, to thank for the list making.

Well, today I hit a new level of thrifty awesomeness.

While shopping at Kroger I walked by the clearance section. Most of the time there is just a bunch of random crap sitting there expired, but today was different. I found a treasure:



Yeah.... I bought a pack of OPEN toilet paper.
It was missing a roll.
An entire discussion went on in my head before deciding on the purchase. Here's how it went:

Me: "WOO HOO!!!! CHEAP TOILET PAPER!!!"

Grossed out me
: "Open toilet paper?? Are you freaking serious?"

Me
: "Absolutely! It's like it has my name on it!"

Grossed out me: "That's disgusting... why is it open in the first place?"

Me: "I don't know, but it is 99 cents!! "

Grossed out me: "Whatever. You're weird."

Me: "But it's Charmin!"

Grossed out me: "Ugh, go away."

So yeah, now I have oddly opened (but taped shut) toilet paper. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet, but it's in my living room.

3 comments:

  1. so that's pretty awesome friend...i have taken tp from work, is that bad???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for lists! I love lists...I dont know how I feel about open toilet paper for 99cents. Perhaps you should consider a Sams membership...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally LOLed at this Bri, it made my night. Although I haven't resorted to purchasing opened packs of toilet paper, I feel you pain.

    ReplyDelete