Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends

Soaring stress levels.

Out of control food cravings.

Fear.

Doubt.

Fits of laughter only brought on by panic.

I can only say thank you to my friends and family who have put up with me over the past 2 weeks. I don't even know how I put up with myself!

My co-residents were amazing and had to deal with my insecurities 8 hours a day at work. Virginia brought me homemade pickles. Mmmmmm.... pickles. Tristan brought cookies that Michelle made. Mmmmmm.... cookies. Tara and Meghan enabled my addiction to salty and sweet treats in our office. I got high fives and encouragement in the weeks leading up to my exams.

Sunday night, my paralyzing fear was briefly lifted with Amanda's revelation that she wanted this to be her future pet:

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my entire life. I thought the picture had been photoshopped. She informed me that this was a Maine Coon cat. Again I thought that it was a fantasy animal like a unicorn or a liger:

Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
Deb: What's a liger?
Napoleon Dynamite: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.



So yeah, the Maine Coon is the real deal and I'm not going to lie, it would scare the crap out of me. It would need its own seat at the dinner table and I think you'd have to register it as an exotic pet.

I took the exam on Monday afternoon, went to my car and cried because I swore I just failed. Adam consoled me with PF Changs and a trip to the apartment swimming pool. And then I waited.

I wasn't very patient. I called the board of pharmacy on Tuesday morning to see if I had passed. The man on the other end sounded annoyed and told me to wait 3 business days. No way, Jose. I'd be calling the next day.

Today, I held back my insane urges to repeatedly call the board.... until lunch time. Then I made Virginia do it. :) I think I blacked out until I heard the words, "Ok, thanks, and what is her license number?" A license number means I passed!

I'm official. It feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment