Thursday, August 27, 2009

Operation Tiny Pants

For the past 3 years, I have blamed my inactivity and subsequent weight gain on school, stress, and Savannah's fried food. I told myself that when I moved and got settled, all of that would change. No longer would I be in walking distance from Sweet Potatoes restaurant where I could get the most delightful cheesy/buttery/greasy meals. Grits, shrimp, and greens would all be out of easy reach.

Fast forward to the present day. I've been in Kentucky for 2 months now and have somehow fallen even deeper into my bad habits. Now it's not southern food. It's the office snacks. So many office snacks. And I have ZERO will power. None. Whatsoever.

Before you roll your eyes, I don't expect anyone to throw me a pity party. It's not so much the number on the scale that bothers me. It is having to buy an entire new wardrobe because nothing fits. It's expensive!!!

I need support.

Co-workers, I'm talking to you. Slap the bag of Doritos out of my hand and point to my oatmeal instead. Work is where I become weak. I can spin my chair 180 degrees and I have a buffet of snacks staring at me.

I do have good intentions, as we all do, but I've decided that to be successful my quest has to have a name. My battle will now be called: Operation Tiny Pants.

Heck, I'd even settle for Operation Smaller Pants.

If I don't do something quick, I am going to be relegated to Operation Stretchy Pants. Ugh. I refuse.

No excuses anymore. There is always time for a walk and there is a free exercise center at my complex. I have fitness videos and workout clothes. It's time to put all of those things to good use. Maybe tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. The first step - admit you have a problem and then keep on walking, walking and walking, jogging and running. I can be a nag about this I know - just dont want you to have that battle on your hands the rest of your life. It gets really, really old. Bag of doritos near by - CALL ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eat fruits, veggies (lots and lots of them), beans, and nuts. the weight will come off really, really fast. and it's a healthy way to lose it. i'm sure you know all this, but it's good to hear.

    support and discipline are crucial too :)

    ReplyDelete