Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Living and loving

Yesterday marked 3 years of dating for me and Adam. I was super excited all day long and couldn't wait to get off of work to see him. We had a big dinner date planned that evening so I was glad when the day seemed to fly by with psych clinics and meetings. Then I got back to my office and all hell broke loose. Suddenly 4:30 seemed like it was coming much too quickly and the work that I had to complete in that time frame became overwhelming. I hurriedly attempted to type my clinic notes, then realized that 'quick' does not equal 'proficient,' so I slowed down to my normal pace which can be painfully slow at times. 4:30 came and went and as each minute ticked by I was more and more determined to get my work done and get the heck out of dodge.


At about 5pm I got to leave. (Not horrible, I realize, but
when you've got exciting plans it is agony.) I was defeated from my long day and knew that I had to put on my happy face for our night out. When I opened the door roses and a card were waiting for me. The stress from work dissipated immediately and was replaced with genuine happiness. Take note that the only 'vase' we had in the house was a gigantic beer mug (which only made me smile more).


Adam had scoped out a restaurant earlier in the day, and took me to a fantastic little Italian place. We had dinner and drinks and then decided to check out an English pub that was nearby. We had been pretty cooped up in the house since we've moved, so it was really nice to just get out and spend the evening together checking out what the city has to offer. That night it had great food and great company to offer.


I was dead set on getting a picture of our evening, but it was kind of weird asking some random person at the restaurant to take one. Self photography ensued which is always awkward. You know the kind: One of you is trying to hold the camera as far away as you can while looking graceful, but instead you bring your chin in and look like a scrunch-necked weirdo. Then you have to take the picture over again. And again. Finally a decent photo comes out where you haven't accidentally used the zoom and have gotten a close-up of someone's nose. He put up with me and we finally got this picture on our deck.



We spent the rest of the evening at home just talking and were asleep by 10:30.

Wild and crazy, I know.

I wouldn't change a thing.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, my kind of night! That is so sweet of Adam, to think of everything like that! And I totally understand about the self-picture and the chin. I just can't coordinated my chin (which turns into Jay Leno's in those situations) and a camera! Happy 3rd Anniversary, hard to believe it's been that long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete