Friday, May 15, 2009

Perhaps I am doing it wrong

So my friend Betty just wrote a blog on the whole Jon & Kate + 8 possible/probable divorce happenings that have recently been in the news and it got me thinking. How do people expect to treat each other with such blatant disrespect and then expect their relationships to last? I don't claim to be a relationship genius - believe me, I've made more than my share of mistakes - but there are some things that need to happen between two people to make a long-lasting and meaningful relationship.

I do not and will not ever understand the couples who constantly fight. Privately, publicly - it doesn't matter - some people will fight just for the sake of fighting. Simple decisions like having chicken or fish for dinner will ignite WWIII. How on earth do these people think they are going to make it through the big stuff in life?! Even better is when these couples announce that they are going to get married... because that fixes everything.

This is not to say that people should not disagree. It's absolutely normal and healthy to disagree with your significant other, but doing so in a productive way will save both of you the anger and aggravation that comes along with a knock down fight.

But hey, who am I to judge? Maybe tonight I should pick a fight with Adam just for fun. Perhaps I am doing it all wrong.

I'll let you know how that works out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment