Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Culinary genius

I love to cook. It's a stress reliever for me and the results are generally pretty darn good. I feel a sense of accomplishment when a meal is perfectly executed and I pride myself on preparing different kinds of food so we don't get bored. You want homemade pesto? Done. Pork chops? Done. I try to stay away from the pre-made freezer or boxed meals because everything is just so much better with fresh ingredients.

When me and Adam moved in with my parents, Adam was introduced to our go-to family meals. Quesadilla Thursdays are always fun. Steaks are always superb. And then there is Ramen & Eggs (ramen noodles cooked with 1/2 the water, 1/2 the seasoning, then after those are cooked, crack an egg on top, cook the egg, and serve). The first time Adam had this Ramen concoction, his eyes lit up like he was just given a million dollars. He asked, "Why haven't you ever made this for me before?" as if I had been withholding the holy grail for the past 3 years.

Now he eats it all the time. He loves it.

I suppose I should be grateful. A five minute meal can come in handy from time to time. I just find it amusing that after years of cooking for him that was what floated his boat.

You learn something new every day. :)

1 comment:

  1. thats hilarious! He better not think its better than cuban chicken though!

    ReplyDelete