Saturday, May 9, 2009

Excuse me?

Walking into an apartment complex:

Apt Lady: "So what are you looking for in your future home?"
Me & Adam: "Somewhere that allows pets and has a nice kitchen."
Apt Lady: "Do you have a preference on which floor you would like to live on?"
Me: "Not the bottom one - I worry about noise."
Apt Lady: "What kind of noise? I live on the bottom floor and I don't hear anything."
Me: "I don't want to hear people having sex above me."

*Silence*

Adam:
*Looks at me in horror*
Apt Lady: *Looks at me in horror*
Me: *Thinking to myself that perhaps I should have turned on my internal filter*

Apt Lady: "Well... I don't think that should be a problem here..."

At this point I feel the need to explain that I have lived in several places where I hear lots of things going on above my head and that was the first example that I could come up with. We had also nicknamed our last neighbor "Thud" because that is all we would hear when he came home and played with his dogs.

We didn't end up getting an apartment there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment