Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sneaky rays of light

Sunburns sneak up on you. Just when you think you have them figured out, they maneuver around your SPF and leave you with an evening destined for aloe and air conditioning.

Sunday afternoon I went to the College World Series and as we arrived I pointed out the fools that got into a fight with the sun on Saturday and lost. People were passing out sunblock in handy packets so I grabbed one for later - Adam would need it eventually, I thought. As the day wore on, he finally put some on. I did not.

I checked my shoulders for lines and thought I was safe from mother nature's wrath. I still didn't apply the sunscreen. Looking to my right my mom was burning to a crisp and my dad's knees were starting to turn rosy. Yet, still I was too cool for sunscreen.

I'm home now.... sunburned like the rest. Dangit!

No comments:

Post a Comment