Friday, October 9, 2009

It's just a spider - the sequel

Exhausted after 14 hours at work, I flopped down on the couch at home to watch mindless television on TLC. After about an hour with eyes drooping it was time to head to bed. I started picking up some random crap laying around the living room - a shopping bag, a stack of papers, a computer bag with a spider on it. Wait. A computer bag with a spider on it?? Nooooooooooo!


I dropped the bag and papers immediately and once again almost threw up. (I really wish my spider reactions weren't tears and vomit.) The spider just sat there.

Shaken, but ticked off, I grabbed a shoe (Adam's shoe) and held it up high in the air ready for battle. After one swat, I think it lost a leg, but it was still crawling. Gritting my teeth, I gave it one more go. The computer bag and the spider didn't stand a chance. The entire mess went straight to the garbage can - heck if I was going to clean off spider goo from my bag!

I know it's October and Halloween is coming up, but I'd rather the spiders stay inside of the haunted houses and stay out of mine. I can't handle much more of this.

**UPDATE**
An hour after I posted this, Deming found another one. It met its demise in almost the exact place it's predecessor did. Two in one night isn't even fair. It's just mean.

4 comments:

  1. Holy SH*T, Bri. UGHGHHHGHHH. Just seeing this picture makes my skin crawl...and my heart does this weird jumpy, twitchy thing. We've had giant ones like this in our basement lately. I've convinced myself that they are strictly "basement spiders" and have no chance of surviving upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't worry, I have the same delusion. There is absolutely, positively NO WAY that these things can climb the stairs to my bedroom... right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I suggest a vacuum cleaner... I ALWAYS keep mine pluged in and ready to suck up any invader at any time...

    ReplyDelete