Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Frenemies

About a month ago a black cat showed up on our front porch - just hanging out, begging for a belly rub. I think it's a neighbor's outside cat, but honestly I'm not sure where it came from. Thinking it would be good for Deming to have some outside stimulation, I held her up to the window so she could see. She started meowing like crazy and jumped up on the window sill.


Her new friend thought the window sill was a great idea and joined the party.



I thought it was really cute the way they were trying to communicate through the window and decided that I would crack open the window a smidge so they could have a kitty cat chat (or whatever the heck cats do).

Bad idea.

The purring and meowing turned into a hissing fit when I opened the window. Apparently Deming and her new outside friend have a love/hate relationship that leans toward hate when they can actually smell each other. Who knew?

Cats are strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment