Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blind leading the blind

Adam and I are heading out to Kentucky this coming weekend to try and secure some housing. Ever tried to investigate places to live via the internet? It's so frustrating! Why do the people taking the pictures of these houses assume that I would like to see 14 pictures of the kitchen then just a handful of the rest of the house? Give me one good pic of each of the rooms, one of the outside, and one of the backyard and I'd be thrilled!

Then come the details: We'd love something with a 2 car garage (no more vehicle break-ins would be awesome) a good kitchen, and a fenced in backyard. Finding all 3 is proving to be difficult.

In our ideal world, Adam will be getting a 7-on-7-off night shift gig somewhere. I have no problem with him being gone at night BUT I would like to feel secure. That security for me = a dog. For some reason I don't think Deming (our cat) will prove to be my ultimate protector.

So here is the problem: While I would LOVE to have a fence to let a dog outside, that may not happen. Would it be completely crazy to have a dog minus a fence?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck this weekend! It is REALLY frustrating looking online at houses. I vote that no, it's not crazy to have a dog minus a fence. Would you have it inside at all? I really miss the dogs being inside (except for the dog hair part). And when I was in Sav by myself, I always felt safe as long as Bandit was in my bedroom with me and Friends was on the tv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it's not crazy to have a dog with no fence. We don't have one at our house here (yet) and it's working out fine with our 3. The biggest difference in fence and no fence is the convenience. With a fence you have the luxury to just open the door and let them out to potty! what kind of dog are you thinking of getting??

    ReplyDelete
  3. A boxer has always been on the top of my list, but at this point as long as it's a rescue dog and it will be big I'm good.

    ReplyDelete