Sunday, April 26, 2009

$3

There are a lot of things that bother me in retail pharmacy. One of my top pet peeves is people who have no idea what they are taking, let alone what it is for, but they damn sure know that they only paid $3 for it last time.

*Ringing a customer out at the pharmacy
*

Old guy:
"Let me see that. $42?? I don't want that one! I want the other one!"
Me: "Which one?"
Old Guy: "The $3 one."
Me: (Shuffling over to my computer) "The Cosopt?"
Old Guy: "No, no, no... the OTHER one."
Me: "There is no other one. It's the one you have in your hand or the Cosopt. Which one do you need? What do you need it for?"
Old Guy: "I just want the $3 one."
Me: "Fine, give me a few minutes to return this one and fill the other."
Old Guy: Stands in the window and stares at me the entire time. I am pretty sure that he thinks I am inept at this point.

I finally get the guy all settled and send him on his merry way with his eye drop that may not be what he needs.

An hour later.....
Old guy: "I need the other eye drop."
Me: "You mean the one that I already filled once today?"
Old Guy: "Yeah, that one."
Me: *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment